Upward Basketball is a great ministry that needs a lot of volunteers to keep it going.
Sign up to volunteer using the following links:
Practices start January 8, 2018.
Games 01/14, 01/21, 01/28, 02/04, 02/11, 02/18, 02/25 2018
Awards Celebration Feb 28, 2018.
For more information, please contact Ernie Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org or cell# 830-629-2045.
The purpose of Upward Sports Ministries is to fulfill God’s vision by promoting:
Salvation – To share the love of Jesus Christ with everyone involved in an Upward ministry.
Character – To help every child grow as Jesus did – spiritually, physically, mentally, and socially.
Self-Esteem – To help every child grow in their understanding and enjoyment of sports.
Upward Sports is a first-class sports experience for children that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus the “win-at-all-costs” mentality associated with many sports leagues. Rules unique to Upward Sports—including game format, substitution system and rules for play—are designed to provide the best sports experience for every child. On top of equipping children with sport fundamentals needed to participate at the next level, some distinctive features to Upward Sports are:
1. Each child is evaluated before the team selection process to create balanced teams that are competitive.
2. Upward Sports utilizes a unique substitution system which guarantees every child equal playing time.
3. Upward Sports aims to teach both athletic skill as well as values for success on and off the playing field/court.
4. Upward Sports prioritizes a family friendly schedule by conducting one-hour practices and games each week.
5. With supportive coaches and a positive sports environment, Upward Sports is designed to bring out “the winner” in every child regardless of the game’s score.
For more information about Upward Basketball, including the terms and conditions for participation, please visit the Upward Sports website: