The purpose of Upward Sports Ministries is to fulfill God’s vision by promoting:
Salvation – To share the love of Jesus Christ with everyone involved in an Upward ministry.
Character – To help every child grow as Jesus did – spiritually, physically, mentally, and socially.
Self-Esteem – To help every child grow in their understanding and enjoyment of sports.
Upward Sports is a first-class sports experience for children that emphasizes healthy competition, sportsmanship, skills building and fun versus the “win-at-all-costs” mentality associated with many sports leagues.
Rules unique to Upward Sports—including game format, substitution system and rules for play—are designed to provide the best sports experience for every child. On top of equipping children with sport fundamentals needed to participate at the next level, some distinctive features to Upward Sports are:
- Each child is evaluated before the team selection process to create balanced teams that are competitive.
- Upward Sports utilizes a unique substitution system which guarantees every child equal playing time.
- Upward Sports aims to teach both athletic skill as well as values for success on and off the playing field/court.
- Upward Sports prioritizes a family friendly schedule by conducting one-hour practices and games each week.
- With supportive coaches and a positive sports environment, Upward Sports is designed to bring out “the winner” in every child regardless of the game’s score.
For more information about Upward Basketball, including the terms and conditions for participation, please visit the Upward Sports website: Upward Basketball
The 2018 Upward season is already underway. Please check back this November for registration information for the 2019 season.
First Practice – Monday, January 9 , 2017 First Game – Saturday, January 21, 2017 Awards Celebration – Monday, March 6, 2017
For more information, please contact Ernie Jones at or cell phone: (830) 629-2045.
A successful Upward Basketball season takes the help of many volunteers! If you feel like you can help, please sign up below for one of our needs or contact Ernie Jones for more information.
The Youth are running the concessions as a fundraiser this year, but we also need adult help! While the Youth do the majority of the work, we need caring adults to manage and help.
Please see below and SIGNUP to help with Upwards and raise funds for Youth!
One thing that sets Upward Basketball apart from other programs is our halftime devotionals. Instead of listening to coaching instructions at halftime, our players hear a devotional from a volunteer and learn about Jesus, life skills, or how to show good sportsmanship. If you feel led to volunteer for a halftime devotional, click the link below: