February 11 NextGen Service!
Wednesday, Feb 14 Ash Wednesday. Pastor Theresa will be serving the community throughout the day at our Drive Thru Ashes in the parking lot 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Ash Wednesday service in Wesley Hall begins at 6:30 p.m.
February 18 How to Forgive, a new sermon series begins.
Midweek services during Lent will be in Wesley Hall on Wednesday evenings, beginning at 5:30 from February 21-March 20. The theme for this series will be Journey to Jerusalem. Through scripture and message we will encounter the people Jesus met on his way to Jerusalem.
- If you are new to FUMC or you’ve been attending for a while, please know there are many music opportunities to be a part of at FUMC. We have a praise band, two traditional choirs, two handbell ensembles and opportunities to sing or play an instrument in one of the services. If you’d like more information, please contact the music director, Michael Kahl.
WEDNESDAY NIGHT LIVE RETURNS! Our midweek worship / study series will begin February 21 through March 20. We hope you’ll join us in this 5-week churchwide event for all ages.
- 5:30 – Worship / Music / Communion
- 6:00 – Light supper weekly sandwiches or salad, fruit and vege trays, chips, and a cookie. Take them to your chosen class or event. Options:
- The Enneagram and Relationships, led by Pastor Andrew
- Walking with the Brokenhearted, led by Pastor Theresa
- Pastor Don’s Bible Study
- Fellowship and Games in Wesley Hall
- Activities and games for children through 5th grade
- Activities for youth, middle school to high school
- 7:00 – Studies conclude; choir practice begin
The Lunch Bunch will meet at Dos Rios on Tuesday, February 27, 2024, at 11:30 am. Contact Libby Meyer for additional information.
CRUISE with NEW BRAUNFELS FUMC TRAVEL GROUP: THE CRUISERS!
hosted by DON & SHERRY SNYDER
MAY 18 – 31, 2025
WOW! Six Night Alaska land tour with 7 Night Alaska Inside Passage Cruise!
Find more information here: PRINCESS ALASKA Group Brochure
Also, join the Cruiser Group on the Church Center App!
Did you know we have a wonderful opportunity to serve UMCOR (the United Methodist Committee on Relief) just up the road from us in Kerrville? Our denomination has a permanent warehouse which ships disaster relief supplies throughout the southwest and beyond. We have a day trip planned to volunteer at the warehouse on Wednesday, February 28. Sign up online here or on the Adult bulletin board. Space is limited to 13 participants, so let Karen know soon that you’d like to participate. We will leave from the church at 8:30, work at the warehouse until about noon, have lunch together in Kerrville, and return home by 4:00.
Coffee Connection FUMC men gather on Tuesday mornings at 7:30 at Casa Garcia for breakfast and conversation. Hosted by Pastor Don.
Day Trip to the new Panther Canyon Rim Trail. It is about ¾ of a mile long and is a bit more strenuous than the flatter Panther Canyon Nature Trail. We’ll meet at the Comal River Springs in Landa Park at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday March 23, then celebrate together with lunch at New York Pizza. Sign up online to join the hike here.
Two new Sunday morning opportunities for study and fellowship coming soon:
- Beginning February 11, 9:45, Room 224: Has it been a while since you’ve been a part of a small group or Sunday morning class? Are you a bit new to FUMC? Or maybe you’ve never attended Sunday School? Then come, join us for a new class, beginning with the Lenten study, 24 Hours that Changed the World, a video-based study by Adam Hamilton. Adults of all ages are invited to join Karen Andrews for this new class. Sign up here.
- Beginning February 25, 11:00, Room 217: Mallorie Sarvis will begin a new group for moms. The class will begin with a book study titled, Don’t Mom Alone by Heather MacFayden, focusing on how moms can become empowered by God, supported by others, and connected with their children. Let Mallorie know you would like more information about this class for moms. Sign up here.
- WNL returns this month! See above.
- Mom’s Night Out is in full swing and will take place on:
February 9: Valentine’s Charcuterie DIY. Bring a friend and your own charcuterie board. We will provide the goodies to fill it.
March 15: Dinner at a local restaurant. Details to come soon! April 12: Pinterest Party: We will find a fun project on Pinterest and provide the supplies. Moms are welcome to come and craft, relax, and laugh with us as we attempt the project!
May 17: Either Axe Throwing or Bowling. Something fun for the moms to do that gets us out of the church.
- This Sunday (Feb. 11th) is the last day to register for Confirmation! Confirmation is for students in 7th grade or above who are ready to commit to owning their faith journey and runs on Sunday afternoons (4:00-5:30 p.m.) from February 18th through May 19th (excluding March 10th and March 31st). To register your student, follow this link, which you can also find in the resources tab of the Student Ministry group on Church Center: https://fumcnb.churchcenter.com/people/forms/663334
- This Sunday is our Next Gen Sunday, where the students’ and children’s ministries are running all three morning services. There will be no Sunday School or Student Ministry MYFthis Sunday.
- If your student would like to help with the services in any capacity and hasn’t yet signed up, they can still come to the rehearsal on Saturday (Feb. 10th) at the church from 2:00-4:00 p.m. and get their role.
- If your student would like to be part of our student panel (we still need 2-4 more) who leads the “sermon” area at any or all of the services, they should also come to the rehearsal if they are available. Questions for the panel are attached to this e-mail, so they can start prepping answers if they’d like to.
- There will be no Student Ministry MYF on Sunday, February 18th, to give everyone an evening to rest following our Winter Retreat.
- On Wednesday, February 21st, we will be having a parent meeting for all parents of students who are interested in attending River City Work Camp this summer to discuss logistics of the week, volunteer details, and students’ roles at 6:00 p.m. in room 206.
- Sun, Feb. 11th> Next Gen Sunday – students and children leading all 3 services. Sign-ups on the church website.
- Tue. Feb. 13th> Fat Tuesday, churchwide pancake supper, 6:00 p.m. in Wesley Hall.
- Wed, Feb. 14th> Churchwide Ash Wednesday evening service.
- Fri.-Sun, Feb. 16-18th> Student Ministry Winter Retreat to Galveston.
- Sun, Feb. 18th> Confirmation starts, 4:00 p.m. at the church, register here: https://fumcnb.churchcenter.com/people/forms/663334.
- Wed, Feb. 21st> Parent Meeting about River City Work Camp at 6:00 p.m. at the church.
- Wed, Feb. 28th> Student Ministry Council, 6:00 p.m. in the Student Ministry Loft (202/204).
- Week of June 17th> River City Work Camp, details to come.
- Mon.-Sat, Jul. 15-20th> Camp Eagle. Registration details coming soon.
WNL returns this month! See above.
- Rise (for 4th and 5th graders)
Our Rise event for February will be helping serve pancakes at the pancake supper, Tuesday February 13th. If your student would like to volunteer, please let Amber know
If you would like to volunteer to help out with the children’s ministry, please let Amber or Mallorie know. We’d love to connect with you!
- Moms! There’s a new Sunday School class starting just for you. See the information above in the “Adult Ministries” section.
- WNL returns this month! See above.
SOUPerbowl Sunday Bring in non-perishable food items this Sunday, February 11th. Vote for your favorite team or the commercials.
WESLEY NURSE Community News Hanna Salazar shared this information regarding upcoming community impact events:
- Get the Facts: Texas A&M AgriLife Extension
When: Thursday February 15, 2024 *11:30am -12:30pm ( This is a 4-week series)
Where: Westside Community Center 2910IH35 Frontage Rd, New Braunfels, TX
- Aging Well: Wesley Nurse-Hanna Salazar RN
When: Friday, February 23,2024 *10:00am-11:00am
Where: New Braunfels Main Library Branch 700 E Common St, New Braunfels, TX
- TikTalk: Advocacy for Young Adult Cancer Survivors- Presented by Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Registration for this event is required.
When: Saturday, February 24, 2024 *11:00am-1:00pm
Where: McKenna Center 801 West San Antonio St. New Braunfels, TX
- Prom Dress Drive- Princess 4 a Night :coordinated by GIVINTREE
They are looking for Donations of sweet 16, Quinceanera dresses, prom dresses, homecoming dresses, formal gowns, jewelry. Collection dates January 1st-March 1st. These items will be made available for a Free Prom shopping event in March 23-24 Westside Community Center. It’s open to students in NB & surrounding areas with their high school IDs.
Drop off locations: New Braunfels Public Library, Westside Community Center, Lone Star Pharmacy or here and I will take them to a drop off location.
For more information you can contact Serena (210) 325-7334 or GIVINTREE.NB@GMAIL.COM
Impact Sunday During Communion, the first Sunday of each month, attendees can contribute food and laundry supplies to baskets that will be available in the sanctuary, as well as to the Pastor’s Discretionary Fund through offerings on the Communion rail. These donations will support our ongoing community impact ministries, such as our SOS Canned Food collection, our GAP Pack ministry, our Loads of Love ministry, our new community pantry, and more to help those in need in the community.
Heart for Homebound is looking for a few new volunteers to help us on Wednesday afternoons as we visit our members who are no longer able to make it to church.
We meet at 1:30 in the Welcome Center and are usually finished with our visits by 3:30. Contact Martha Harrison for more information
Photos from the Chili Kick Off. Everyone had a great time. The Chili was delicious! If you have photos to share, we’d love to include them in our album. Reach out to Amber Lujan.
FUMC is putting together a team to participate in the city’s Thru the Chute event. Find out more and join our group here. So far we have three adults signed up to be on the team.
Want to share some info/photos about your FUMC- affiliated ministry?
Click the link below to make a weekly news or newsletter request. Please note deadlines for submission. Inclusion in FUMCNB publications is limited to space availability and information may be edited to fit in the space available.
Let us know
Have you downloaded our church app, yet?
You’ll have access to your the calendar and your ministry and fellowship teams right on your phone. If you’ve already downloaded the app and created an account, don’t forget to add your user picture! Find the apps here.
The Be a Good Shepherd Campaign UPDATES!
We continue to receive pledges and funds for the Enhanced Worship Experience, which will upgrade technology in our Sanctuary, as well as make needed repairs to our aging stained glass windows. As of January 26 our congregation has pledged a total of $242,950.14. We have received $241,327.00 of funds toward the campaign. Work has already begun. Help us move forward in confidence with the EWE project.
If you haven’t made a pledge, the time is now to join your church family in funding updates to our Sanctuary. Giving is easy:
You can give through all ways you give to the church. Please make sure to direct your gift towards the EWE so that it shows up as part of your pledge. To do that you can designate and give by check (Put EWE in the memo) or online.
UPCOMING EVENTS TO ADD TO YOUR CALENDAR
February 13 Pancake Supper. Join us in Wesley Hall for dinner on Tuesday, February 13, beginning at 6pm.