Children are an important part of our church! First United Methodist Church New Braunfels is committed to providing ministries that create a Christian foundation for the next generation. Through education and family activities that nurture our children in the guidance of Christ’s love and fellowship, we equip and empower parents for the task of raising kids in the Christian faith.
First kids - where kids come first!
At First UMC we want to make sure that our littlest followers of Christ are taking all the right steps toward him. What can you expect:
- Space for Children on Sunday. We have nursery care for our youngest children during all worship services on Sunday. We also have a “wiggle room” where parents can take their children if they would prefer a place for the kids to play while they watch worship on a TV.
- New Worship Experience Coming in 2023. We are revamping our Children’s ministry at 9:30
- Vacation Bible School. Every week in the summer we host an amazing Vacation Bible School, a great time to teach children about the amazing love of God.
- Special Events throughout the year. First kids is always up to something! There are special events nearly every month.
Rise is for our rising kids who are almost teenagers. We meet on the 3rd Sunday monthly from 4:00-5:30pm.
We have designed a group specifically for 4th & 5th graders to help them have fun and grow in the Lord.
Rise events include most of the First Kids events and some additional ones:
- Monthly Meetups – We meet once a month for faith, fellowship and fun. We almost always have a mission project that we help support.
- RISE Camp – We have a special camp for Rise in the summer. It is a ton of fun and includes lessons on faith, games, food, and getting out and making a difference in our community. th
Parents' Night out (pno)
Parents’ Night Out (PNO) is offered monthly as a time for parents to get away and enjoy some “grown-up” time while confident their children are well-cared for. Our nursery staff is CPR certified and has many years of experience.
HERE IS HOW WE DO CHECK-IN AND CLASS ORGANIZATION!
All families check-in at the iPad station by the nursery. Each child receives a nametag that will identify which class they belong in, and help the teachers get to know their names. Please walk your children to their classrooms.
Nursery children ages birth-3 years are cared for by excellent paid workers. The nursery is available for all three worship services.
Pre-K children will be greeted in Room 111. Parents are encouraged to worship with their kids and bring them to Sunday School at one hour. At this age, they are allowed to stay in class for the 9:30 and 11:00 hours. The same lesson will be used at both times. Worship bags are available at the sanctuary entrances to help worship be more meaningful for your young ones.
Kinder-5th graders will be greeted upstairs. They may either go to the 9:30 or 11:00 hour of Sunday School. At this age, they are learning how to participate in the worship service and attend with their families. We have two classrooms each hour.